Score from 16 reviews
from 710,7 US$ – Apartment
from 660,8 US$ – Apartment
from 16,2 US$ – Student accommodation
from 15,0 US$ – Hostel
EH15 3PX, Edinburgh
EH15 3PZ, Edinburgh
* Distances are measured as a straight line, calculated from a starting point to a destination point
All bookings are confirmed instantly. No waiting, no email exchanges, no confusion.
The Lochside House Residence is located in the Duddingston district of Edinburgh, 4 km from National Museum of Scotland, 4. 1 km from Royal Mile and 4. 2 km from The Real Mary King's Close.
The property has garden and city views, and is 3. 4 km from University of Edinburgh. The apartment features 5 bedrooms, a TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a bath or shower.
Guests at the apartment can enjoy golfing and cycling nearby, or make the most of the garden. Edinburgh Castle is 5 km from The Lochside House Residence, while Edinburgh Playhouse is 5 km away. The nearest airport is Edinburgh Airport, 26 km from the accommodation.
This property will not accommodate hen, stag or similar parties.
Payment before arrival via bank transfer is required. The property will contact you after you book to provide instructions.
Check-in after 19:00 is possible for an additional fee, subject to availability and by prior arrangement.
Please note that all guests must arrange their arrival with the property before their check-in date.
Guests are sent a secure link by Reserve Apartments to make the damage deposit payment.
Please note the lead guest must be 25 years and older.
Washing Machine, Tumble dryer, Heating, Iron, Children's cots/cribs, Ironing Facilities, Seating Area
Private bathroom, Hairdryer, Toilet, Bath or Shower
Radio, CD Player, DVD Player, TV
Refrigerator, Kitchen, Children's high chair, Microwave, Dishwasher, Tea/Coffee Maker, Kitchenware, Stovetop, Oven
City view, Garden view
Entire unit wheelchair accessible
This holiday home has a kitchenware, kitchen and microwave.
After booking, all of the hotel’s details, including telephone and email address, are provided in the online booking confirmation, confirmation email.
Golf course (within 3 km), Cycling
No internet access available.
No parking available.
From 15:30 Until 21:00 hours
Until 10:30 hours
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for cots in the room.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
In addition to the photos I sent this to the property following my visit
We have left the accommodation and enjoyed the most part of our stay. I wanted to give some honest feedback on the accommodation
with consideration given to the price we paid for two nights (£800).
I believe the property has been disrespected by other renters in the past but I suspect it is a mix of that and also shoddy workmanship and lack of cleaning services. It is also a lovely home and in a great location. The house has so much more potential and if brought up to standard it would be a great place to spend a weekend or even a week.
The first night was very cold. We made the most of it and had some alcohol with our jackets on. My brother and his baby and wife had to leave and booked the premier inn. The bedrooms started to heat up around midnight. The baby and parents did manage to stay the Saturday night as the place had heated up. To solve this it would be
Great to have the house warm for arrival.
Even when the house had heated the extension room downstairs was very drafty and so we couldn’t put the baby in there. The adults and baby slept in the bunk beds on the Saturday night. They made the most of their weekend but felt they would have been better staying the whole weekend at the premier inn. Our intention was to create good family memories whilst celebrating the eldest grandchild’s 18th. We had a great time but felt we could have booked better accommodation.
Here is a list of the things we believe could be improved:
- The hardwood flooring downstairs is loose below the kitchen units (opposite side from cooker). We were worried the kids would hurt their fingers.
- Some kitchen units are loose.
- The oven was very dirty.
- The shower in the upstairs bedroom to the right is filling with water and needs plunged. My husband tried to do this and it never worked so we used the other shower just Incase we flooded the place.
- When you sit on the toilet upstairs to the right it leans forward. Feels like it is coming off.
- Some lamps have missing light bulbs and some don’t work.
- The roller blind in the extended bedroom doesn’t work.
- The stains on the carpet at the top of the landing.
- The pull out double bed was not working and so it was really just a single bed.
- The cleanliness of the place left a lot to be desired. There was crumbs and wipes/napkins under the top right bed, under the couches in the living area and under both coffee table and dining table. You opened some of the cupboards and they were piled high with junk. My sister in law mopped the entire downstairs.
- The floor tiles on the bedroom to the left (upstairs) are loose.
- the carpets and couch were dirty.
- The extended bedroom needs sealed in areas as the draft was bad. It also might be an idea to tell whoever books that the boiler can be noisy and so sleeping may be a problem.
Being genuine and honest we would not book this accommodation again. For the money we paid plus the additional cost of the hotel it would have been Nice to have a stress free time.
Room comfort and quality
Value for money
Friendliness and competence of the hotel staff
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect ehotelsreviews.com position.
These opinions do not necessarily represent the views of ehotelsreviews.com.
Our hotel reviews will help you find the best deal in the right location.
ehotelsreviews.com offers the choice of over 600,000 hotels in more than 200 countries.
We're more than just hotels; discover a lot more accommodation options.
Website in English and 17 other languages